Attendees will write applications using S3 Server and the Seagate Kinetic rack (disk over IP).
Attendees will have have access to:
- One or more Kinetic enclosures from Seagate
- Open source components, including S3Server and kineticlib and eclib in node.js from Scality
Teams of up to 3 people will be judged at the end of the competition on 4 criteria:
- Performance of the backend (latency, throughput)
- Design quality
- Creativity (placement algorithms, rebuild algorithms, etc.)
Competitors will be supervised by Scality engineers specialized in S3Server and other node.js components and Seagate engineers specialized in Kinetic SW and setup.
The judges will be:
- Giorgio Regni – Chief Technology Officer, Scality
- Vianney Rancurel – Director of Research, Scality
- Sylvain Kalache – Co-Founder at Holberton School
The hackathon is free of charge, food and drinks will be provided by Scality and Seagate. Join us!